21 April 2010

Trattoria Corrieri, Parma

This is undoubtedly one of the best restaurants in which I have eaten in the last couple of years. Sooo good was this tip off from Clotilde, my Italian side-kick in work, that within a month I had brought firstly my girlfriend Claire and then my sister Jennifer to the Trattoria Corrieri.

Torta Fritta......pillows of deep-fried dough were the highlight.  They arrive warm to the table.  With a platter of the local prosciutto sliced fresh off the leg in the next room, the two make for a tasty anti-pasto. The tortelli di zucca (tortelli stuffed with pumpkin) are freshly made on-site and their sweetness requires no dressing other than a little (again local) parmesan.

If you are within 200km of Parma make the journey!  Parma is a very good spot for food hunting for obvious gastronomical reasons and is well worth a wander.

No comments:

Post a Comment