20 April 2010

Bra, Italy....funny by name and nature!


Better late than never, eh? I thought I had better get posting a little more regularly.


So here's one short and sweet post.

The Cheese Festival in the little town of Bra in northern Italy last September was an eye opener. With a nice little chunk of cheese experience under my belt, I decided that I couldn't wait another two years for this fantastic fare of the worlds cheese. I dragged my sister along.... fortunately not kicking and screaming for a weekend of cheese, cheese, wine, breadsticks, and more cheese! I did get some strange looks from even the foodies in work who thought a cheese festival was more than a little odd sort of concept. After trying at least 50 cheeses in one day, I proved at least to myself that I could not disagree more. I will be heading back in 2011 with more people in tow.


Tips - Try and stay in the town. Commuting even a from local towns whether by public or private transport keeps you away from the social scene in the evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment